Actual Window Guard 7.2
Actual Window Guard - Actual Window Guard is what you need to keep your workspace in optimal condition for efficient and comfortable work. It has many settings helping to organize windows on the desktop and keep them in the order you prefer. It means you won't have to spend time resizing and positioning windows as it will be done automatically. And there are many other features in the program which you can use to skip everyday routine and get better productivity.
Automatic positioning and resizing aren't the only things Actual Window Guard can do. The tool allows you to minimize and maximize windows on startup, accurately align them within desktop, close irrelevant pop-ups, keep windows on top and prevent them from accidental closing. The program even enables you to change options which standard controls don't provide (for example, you can remove windows from the taskbar or change individual settings, such as window's icon and title). What's more, the tool supports multi-monitor systems.
Not only Actual Window Guard serves well to facilitate your work with other applications but the program itself is very easy-to-use. The interface is made to be intuitive and friendly, so that you can get accustomed to it right away and quickly make needed adjustments. It's also handy that the tool offers functions for specified types of windows and has features applicable to all types at a time. With Actual Window Guard, it won't take much time to create and manage a system of rules for optimizing each and every detail of your workspace related to windows.
The rules can be applied to windows of almost any types of applications, including x64 ones. Moreover, at the moment Actual Window Guard is the only program of that kind, allowing you to manage command prompt (a.k.a. console/CMD/DOS) windows. All these features are available not only for Windows 2000/XP/2003 but Vista as well. In addition, most of the functions are also available for older but still exploitable Windows platforms, such as 95/98/ME.
List of Changes:
Version 7.2 from 2012-08-16Show all changes
Version 6.7.2 from 2011-11-22
1) Crashes in dwm.exe fixed.
Version 6.7 from 2011-10-21
1) Compatibility improved with many popular products (like Visual Studio, all Adobe products, SnagIt, Softimage). 2) Norwegian language added. 3) Tracking of window caption changes improved. 4) Numerous fixes.
Version 6.6 from 2011-08-01
1) Reboot-less update to new version on Windows Vista/7. 2) Indonesian language added. 3) Stability issues fixed.
Version 6.4 from 2011-02-11
1) Back up/restore configuration. 2) Undo/Redo commands in Configuration window.
Version 6.3 from 2010-11-19
1) Ability to add standard window parts (like title bar, resizable border, title buttons, etc.) to certain windows. 2) Open Configuration via single/double click on tray icon. 3) Pin to Desktop works in Vista/7. 4) Clicks on standard window parts work in Office 2007/2010.
Version 6.2 from 2010-08-04
1) Regular expressions to detect a target window by its caption. 2) Excessive consupmtion of graphic resources at the high system load under Windows 7 x64 fixed. 3) Move to Monitor at Startup now available in the Default window settings.
Version 6.1 from 2010-06-03
1) Support of administrative tools in Vista/7. 2) Improved support of console windows in Windows 7. 3) Ability to create specific settings from the Log tool. 4) Change Window Icon action improved under Windows 7. 5) Multi-selection edit mode optimized.
Version 6.0 from 2010-02-12
1) Console windows support on Win7. 2) Auto-check for updates. 3) New hotkeys to suspend/resume the program. 4) Place new windows in multi-monitor environments by default onto the monitor which the mouse pointer is on. 5) Many fixed bugs/stability issues on x64.
Version 5.4 from 2009-07-09
1) The core engine has been slightly improved. 2) Conflicts with several remote control utilities are resolved.
Version 5.3 from 2009-03-31
Version 5.2 from 2008-10-14
1) The overall stability is improved when running on Windows x64. 2) Now the window settings commands (like "Modify applied settings", "Create new specific settings", "Exclude this window") open the specially designed light-weight Configuration dialog containing the subject settings only.
Version 5.1 from 2008-06-23
Latest User Reviews:
RIVIERE Georges 2007-09-06 10:50:15 #
I'm a bit disappointed that one of mine soft (Eudora) can't be moved
Thank you very much for your interest to Actual Tools! Please could you address with the above request to our Customer Support Service at email@example.com? We'll do our best to help you solve the mentioned issue.
Actual Tools Support Team